You need a flat tummy to wear this (which is not likely to ever happen for me), but I would rock it if I could. Check out that back!
First I saw this crazy cool headboard by johnny vintage on Oh Joy. Then I linked to it in one of my Honor Roll posts. Fast forward three months, and a reader sees the same style of headboard in a twin-size for sale on eBay, and emails the listing to me (thanks, lisalinn). It was listed with just 25 minutes left, and I was able to grab it. Hooray!
The one I’m getting has been painted green, with a distressed black finish. It’s going to get a coat of spray paint, but I’m not sure yet on the color. I am keen on that hot pink version though! I’m thinking I’ll pair the headboard with this simple twin bed and paint the legs to match.
- Yvestown’s kitchen (above) is pretty fantastic, wouldn’t you agree?
- I’m using colorful gift wrap this year because I figured Eleanor would like it, but I’m quite fond of these beautiful, neutral gift wrap ideas.
- Brilliant wrapping for the Lego-obsessed.
- ShelterPop had an article about my dining room trim painting project: Should You Paint Trim or Leave it Bare? (Thanks, Jaime!)
- I’m a fan of textured, faceted ceramics (especially in pink).
- I wish I had a fantastic patterned cape!
- The Christmas decorations at bink & boo’s house are pretty cute. (via Simply Grove)
p.s. Eleanor’s bink & boo bib is my favorite one.
- This napkin bow idea is really simple, but really sweet.
- A wall inspired by brass sequins? Oh, yes.
- I think that one of these years, I’ll have to make a Christmas village (I always loved them at my friends’ houses when I was a kid.) This pretty pink glittered town will serve as good inspiration.
- They’re working on their basement too over at Rambling Renovators (awesome).
- Plastic flowers, looking prettier than you thought possible.
Don’t forget to check out my new section, The Filing Cabinet. There are so many extra goodies over there, like this rotary iPhone cover, a gorgeous modern dollhouse, fun new cake prints, and this cute idea for a fireplace.