- It should come as no surprise that I’m in love with Yvonne’s pink studio. (above)
- I think I’m going to make a pillowcase dress for Eleanor. Isn’t this one adorable?
- Tons of pendant lights, all under $100.
- Victoria rounded up some really great bikes and bike accessories.
- Feeling knotty?
- Curlicue wicker is so not my style, but I really like the fourth photo here. (You know, the one with all the pink.)
- Stock tanks never looked so good.
- Our AT-AT does not have this much personality.
- Benita keeps her rolls of gift wrap on a roll!
Another item has been crossed off of my 30 Before Thirty list!
#26: Have an adorable family photo taken.
Emily, one of my facebook friends, sent me a message shortly after I posted my list. Her husband James Julius is a photographer, and he was working on building his portfolio. Would we be interested in being photographed by him? He may have been working on his portfolio but I was impressed.
You know the super adorable engagement photos that people have taken? The kind that always make me a little sad/jealous for not having photos like that taken before Brandon and I got married? Yeah, James Julius takes those. Now I have my own, but they’re even better because Eleanor is in them and we’ve got six years of marriage behind us. In fact, these photos were taken on our anniversary.
James photographed us in Austin Gardens, here in Oak Park. Isn’t it a gorgeous setting? He and Emily chose the location, and they chose very well.
Thank you, Emily, for arranging our photo shoot. And thank you, James Julius for giving us such fantastic photos of our family. We’re thrilled with them!
Big changes are happening with James, our fictional orange-loving research biologist. His girlfriend Eugenia has moved in with him! She’s so happy to be with a guy that has such good taste (and such orange furniture) because her previous boyfriend was “too busy revising his manuscript and thought her bourgeois affinity for decorating was capitalist and silly!”
I may or may not be basing this on my actual friend Eugenia who wants to live vicariously here.
OK, we know James had some pretty good furniture to start with. The mid-century rocker is staying since we’re basing each room around it in this edition of Making it Yours. We’re also keeping the sofa, orange pillow, pouf, lamp, and table. The molecule set is staying too, and we’re adding a vintage-style apple tree biology poster.* Eugenia and James painted the walls green, added some new curtains and a pillow, and put down a soft new rug to make the place feel like home for the two of them.
James and Eugenia will be moving the rocker into their bedroom soon, so when we check in on them again we’ll see how they’ve incorporated it.
* Did you know that apples don’t come true from seed? Apples are pretty interesting; read The Botany of Desire if you’re curious.