I’m thinking ahead ever-so-slightly to when I can get outside and work on the garden. Spring is coming to Chicago, and it comes up fast once it finally arrives! I want to make some changes outside and do a little refresh, and I’ve been noticing an animal trend in outdoor furniture and decor. I’m here for it! Are you into it too?
- Heron Bistro Chair, Frontgate
Why do I, a person afraid of birds, love them so much in design? I’m so drawn to this chair.
- Betsy Bistro Chair, Anthropologie
So sweet! There’s also a floral version and cute matching bistro table if you like the delicate lines and white finish but say no thank you to all of this animal business.
- Outdoor Bird Tree Pillow, Pottery Barn
More birds! They’re awfully cute.
- Admiral Butterfly Indoor/Outdoor Pillow, Wayfair
I appreciate that this is just one huge butterfly. Like boom, no missing it! Would be cute with solid or small-scale patterned pillows.
- Hummingbird Woven Dining Chair, Pier 1
I’m going to be honest, I came across the flamingo version of this chair first and thought nope, hard pass. But there’s something sort of abstract and painterly about this one that works for me.
- Springbok Rattan Bench (Left and Right), Anthropologie
Every year, I want these benches! They are impractical for our climate and I don’t have a good spot for them, yet every year, there they are calling to me. Curses!
- Monogrammed Swans Outdoor Pillow, Frontgate
For your best caftan-wearing sipping drinks by the pool life.
- Jungle Love Outdoor Pillow, World Market
- Faux Boxwood Garden Dog (Peabody, Casey, and Moxie), Grandin Road
Peabody! I kind of love him. I’m not about to put in the years and years of dedication to topiary to make a peeing dog, but as a little fake tucked into your garden? I think it’s a delight.
I know they’re not for everyone, but dang those benches are amazing.