Look at that pup luxuriating on my tile floor. I’ve painted the bathroom, finished the floor, installed the lighting, and put a working toilet in. HOORAY! The sink faucet is in many parts and the most complicated I’ve used, but it’s making sense and I should get the sink in working order shortly. It’s all very exciting! I’ve been taking photos and even some video all along the way and I’ll share the process. I DID THIS. You can do it too.
Shall we? On to a few things that have caught my attention between bathroom renovating and new project planning!
- Congratulations to Design Milk! They’ve sold the company but will continue on with much of the same, but the money to make things bigger and better.
- Two blogging/social media courses launched recently. Similar spaces, but whooo the teachers couldn’t be more different! Want motivation to love the audience you have now and leverage that into sales with a no bull teacher? Erica Reitman’s Uplevel Your Instagram is for you.
- Are you working with brands in the influencer space but looking for guidance and real examples from people that have navigated it successfully? Chris Loves Julia opened registration for Good Influence(r). Also, have you been following along as they reconfigured and painted their cabinets? Their quick and cheap kitchen makeover looks amazing.
- “One Small Thing” you can do for the environment? Consider packaging waste with liquid soap vs. bar.
- Are black windows a good idea? Yes and no. They’re trendy (you knew that, yes?) but could look classic. Or dated. The difference is explained well here.
We had a great discussion about canopy beds on Instagram and I’ll have a roundup with my thoughts for you next week. The ones that I love the most are $4000+ (of course), but then there’s also a great one for less than $300. Today, I’m off to get a sink in working order! (It can’t be that hard, right?) I’ll be sharing as I go in Stories if you want to follow along.