Pink Moroccan Pouf

Ahhhh. I’m loving my new pouf. It is SO nice to be able to prop my feet up, AND it looks cute in the room.

Pink Moroccan Pouf

I ordered my Moroccan Pouf from John Derian, but honestly I should have probably gone with the less expensive pouf from Tazi. I was fixated on the more expensive one, mostly because of this photo from Domino. I felt like I knew what to expect and I didn’t know if the other would look the same… though it probably would have. So I do feel a bit foolish now for spending so much on a footrest, but oh well. I do like it quite a bit.

78 Responses to “Pink Moroccan Pouf”

1. Making it Lovely March 19, 2009 at 10:18 am #

from Janet: “I like the one you actually bought better than the other one. From the photo of the other one, it looks more round, with less structure. I rather like the shape of the one you actually bought.”

That’s what I was thinking too.

The rug is a cotton flatweave from Madeline Weinrib (I bought it at ABC Carpet & Home in NYC). We’ve had it for about a year and it’s held up well so far. It’s reversible too, so we can always flip it over and extend the life of it.

Oh, and those knee socks were from Target.

2. Sarah March 19, 2009 at 11:03 am #

This is so cute! :) It’s amazing how marketing can affect our purchase choices. :-P

3. Melissa March 19, 2009 at 11:47 am #

I have a question or favor? I’m not sure. But I was wondering if maybe you could post a list of your favorite websites for fabric if you happen to have a list. Pretty please? I’m having a hard time finding some good sites. I have a couple like, reprodepot and purl. And also maybe some wallpaper sites, like walnut wallpaper?

I would <3 you forever!

4. Melissa March 19, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

P.S. love the pouf!

5. A Merry Mishap March 19, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

Love it!!

6. edyta szyszlo photo March 20, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

love your blog!! i found you from the thinkbakery :)

7. Miss B. March 20, 2009 at 1:00 pm #

I LOVE this, the light in the room is so pretty and you amaze me how you can make pink look sophisticated and not Barbie-ish. That alone is a talent work a bajillion bucks.

xx,

Miss B.

8. LeslieLu March 20, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

It’s very pink, but you definitely made it work with all the different textures. Love it!

Also, I have a favor to ask of you and your readers–I’m a poor college student, and desperately need homeowners to take this survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/115813/tv-commercial-feedback

It’ll take no more than 10 minutes. Please! Thanks!

9. Abbi March 21, 2009 at 4:54 pm #

I love it! I want the Dark Green (actually looks more blue) John Derian pouf now. Lovely! You made the right decision, the JD pink option is a much nicer, softer color and the design on the top of the pouf is prettier too. Nothing worse than buyer’s remorse. You should feel good that you bought something you love!

10. Bethany March 21, 2009 at 7:08 pm #

Oh that’s too cute! Love it…

11. molly March 21, 2009 at 8:22 pm #

love the pouf! i think i really need a pouf now!

12. .amanda. March 22, 2009 at 2:56 pm #

so cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

13. jill March 22, 2009 at 7:51 pm #

The one you bought is also a little taller than the cheaper version so I think you got the right one. If you’re going to spend money on a footrest, you want one that is the right height for the couch so you can really kick back and relax. It’s super cute, like the rest of your house!

Now, if only I can convince the husband to buy me a footrest like this for my birthday…

14. Michelle March 22, 2009 at 10:34 pm #

that’s so fun, I love it!

15. Paige Roberts March 23, 2009 at 7:32 am #

Heey! I came across your blog a few weeks ago and i love it!!! Also…I tried to e-mail you a few minutes ago because I had some questions about Pink Loves Brown, but it said the the verification codes weren’t working…soo hopefully you don’t have like 4 e-mails in your account all from me lol.

16. Vanessa March 23, 2009 at 9:48 am #

No posts in awhile. Maybe someone had a baby…

17. Shalom's Cottage Home March 23, 2009 at 10:42 am #

Ahh, pink.

18. bungalowbliss March 23, 2009 at 10:51 am #

Vanessa, I wondered the same thing! Perhaps the next post will be an announcement! :-)

19. vanessa March 23, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

I’m behind but that is gorgeous. I love the one in chocolate!

(hoping there’s a baby!)

20. Making it Lovely March 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm #

Still here, and still pregnant! Sorry for the lack of posts last week, but no baby yet…

21. erin fudge June 2, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

how is the pouf holding up? i’d love to get one but i want to know how the wear and tear on it goes. congrats on the bambino! she’s adorable!

22. Making it Lovely June 3, 2009 at 7:23 am #

It’s great!

23. karim August 17, 2009 at 12:30 am #

I’m behind too but that is gorgeous. I love this one (pink)

24. SuSa July 11, 2011 at 7:07 am #

Hi there!
    Too bad “bohemia” does not offer the pink one. They have it on the banner but, not for sale.

25. brooke July 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

I am pining away for a vintage world globe pouf.

1. lovelee life» Blog Archive » fabulous find: moroccan poufs - October 25, 2010

[…] source: casa sugar, making it lovely, […]

2. Honor Roll | Making it Lovely - May 21, 2011

[…] This kid’s room is very pretty, but very formal. (Also, hi. I too have a pink pouf on my pink Madeline Weinrib rug.) […]

3. Honor Roll | Making it Lovely - July 11, 2011

[…] love my pink moroccan pouf but what do you think about […]