58 June 19, 2009

Dreaming of Orla Kiely Curtains

I’ve been having a lot home design dreams lately. Usually they make no sense, like the one I had recently where Kim from Myles of Style and the Dugger family gave my living room a makeover (it resulted in forced smiles followed by tears from me). Last night was different though…

I had been looking online at curtains for the library. I know everyone always says that they love the ones that are up there now, but I don’t. I’m looking for a bold, graphic print that has brown and mustard yellow in it to work with the wall colors, but I didn’t find anything I really loved (these came closest). I had given up for the night and figured I’d look again in a few months when there might be some new options on the market. Then, I had a dream in which the perfect solution presented itself to me: I want curtains made out of Orla Kiely stem print fabric!

Too bad it doesn’t seem to be available. Wah-wah.

Orla Kiely

rachel
    June 24, 2009 at 10:05 am

hi nicole,
    funny you should have this dilemma… i felt the same way about my curtains last week… i used an orla kiely tablecloth from target http://mytinyrobotheart.blogspot.com/2009/06/tuesday.html i only bought one at the time (who knew they’d end up on the window!?!) but am now stalking some on ebay.

priscilla
    June 24, 2009 at 8:02 pm

The couch is an Orla Kiely design sold through Heal’s in London.

priscilla
    June 24, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, why don’t you buy the rug in the multi-colored stem design, and then find other fabric for the curtains? Also sold through Heal’s of London.

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Are These Curtains Better?
    June 26, 2009 at 1:06 pm

[…] in the library before (they’re from my studio), but after someone mentioned trying them here in the comments I thought I’d give it another […]

Sue
    June 27, 2009 at 7:52 am

I think the brown and white curtains give a more quiet or restful quality to your lovely library.

Born Lucky Online
    July 3, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Kate Quinn Organics just came out with fun contemporary window panels… http://www.katequinnorganics.com/eshop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=614&category_id=65

Erika
    July 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm

buy the duvet and have or make curtains from it.

christina land
    January 9, 2010 at 1:17 am

I know you found curtains but I just came across stem print fabric! Maybe you could use it for something else. It’s a little pricy but it’s Orla and lovely!

• 1 2