58 June 25, 2009

The New Light in the Library

We finally got our hands on the Chase Ceiling Mount I had wanted for the library, and we’ve already installed it! Brandon did most of the work while I held Eleanor and read the instructions to him.

Changing the Library Light

Changing the Library Light

It’s so much better than the light that was there before.

Library Light

New Library Light

It’s understated, but it’s a perfect compliment to the room.

The Library

Kimbydee
    June 26, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Love it. The details definitely make a space…

Jen
    June 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm

We have the exact same “before” light in our porch! I think it must been available in the 50s or something, because we have a lot of lights in our old house from that era. We might replace it, but that’s WAY at the bottom of the list.

Erin
    June 28, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Ooh. Love it. It fits perfectly.

Jolie Musick
    June 29, 2009 at 8:56 pm

I love that light cover! It’s very film noir, something I would expect to find in Humprey Bogart’s room. However it also has a very simple & non-fussy feeling about it. Great choice!

Tommy Bahama Bedding
    July 2, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Ooh…I LOVE the new fixture – really sleek & modern :) It is a lot better than the original.

Ryan
    July 29, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Gosh, your new light fixture looks fantastic and just your style, but I absolutely LOVE your old one! I would kill to have it in my apartment :) I wonder if I can find one like that at a salvage place or something…

Mary
    October 28, 2009 at 4:52 am

OMG.
    I have been looking for the “before” curtains (yellow floral) everywhere and not been able to find them, Could you please tell me where, or how to find them.
    I would appreciate it so very much.

Oh, and LOVE your blog.
    Love your style and your family is ADORABLE!! :)

Flushmount Lighting Fixtures | Making it Lovely
    March 26, 2012 at 12:47 am

[…] call too much attention to itself (but still looks good).I’ve used the second light here at the top of the stairs leading to the second floor, and I’ve used the third light in my office and in […]

• 1 2