64 June 24, 2010

MiY 5a: Bachelor Style

Meet James, the fictional man that lives in this apartment. As we first meet him, he’s single, in his late twenties, and has just started his career as a research biologist. In his living room we have the mid-century rocker that will be the basis for each of the five looks in this edition of Making it Yours (MiY).

James loves orange, so when he bought his new couch he figured he may as well get one in his favorite color. He also picked up an orange pouf to rest his feet on and an orange pillow for the rocker. The couch has a faux wood grain pillow and a blue pillow that goes with the wall color and curtains. The cowhide rug, black floor lamp, and Ringside print are masculine and good-looking, much like our young bachelor (ba dum bum). And what could be more perfect on a biologist’s coffee table than a molecule building set? Awesome.

Next time we check in with James and his mid-century rocker, he won’t be a bachelor anymore… his girlfriend is moving in.

June 28, 2010 at 1:55 pm

My wife and I went to check out the Corona sofa just yesterday because we loved the look, and the price ($699). Looked great in person until we touched it. The fabric is like sandpaper. Seriously, it was the scratchiest stuff I’ve ever felt on furniture. We passed (and the search continues). Caveat emptor.

June 28, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Love this! MIY’s are my fave and that tomato color is lovely!

Johanna Troupe
    June 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

I just wanted to thank you for helping me find the perfect new couch for our living room, The Corona!!!! We just moved into an older home that has a retro feel and had been looking for a while for something that would fit. It should arrive on Saturday!!!! Thanks again.

Eileen Russell
    July 6, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Hope this is OK to post, but I have a Pear Green Corona sofa to sell in you’re in the SF Bay area. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/fuo/1829435381.html

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » MiY 5b: Moving in Together
    July 7, 2010 at 2:09 pm

[…] changes are happening with James, our fictional orange-loving research biologist. His girlfriend Eugenia has moved in with him! She’s so happy to be with a guy that has such […]

July 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I love this!!! I am looking for something exactly like that coffee table — but in white. I wonder if that’s paintable?

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » MiY 5c: The Bedroom
    July 13, 2010 at 6:56 pm

[…] around. We’ve already seen their mid-century rocker in two versions of the living room (once when James was living alone and then again after Eugenia moved in), and now they’ve moved the chair into their […]

• 1 2