Another Baby

We’re going to have another baby!

Eleanor and Me

Also, I think our matching mother/daughter dresses are funny. ;)

This pregnancy has been less worrisome than the first, but I have been exhausted (and nauseous). I’m looking forward to getting a little energy back and feeling better as I head into the second trimester.

Eleanor and Me

I’m due February 12 and Eleanor won’t turn two until April 29, so we’ll have two under two for a while. Sounds… challenging! But it also sounds fun.

414 Responses to “Another Baby”

1. Isabel August 11, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

UAU! What a surprise! Congratulations!!

2. MJ August 11, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

congrats! you are braver than me…my only and your first are days apart. how exciting!!!

3. Kristín August 11, 2010 at 7:48 pm #

Congratulations! You two look lovely :)

I’m due with my first January 30th. I actually thought you might be pregnant since there’s been a lot of baby stuff on here recently (cribs and nurseries) that I’ve really enjoyed!

Congratulations again!

4. sara August 11, 2010 at 11:40 pm #

so exciting! mine are 23 months apart- the first four months were HARD. but now that the youngest is 9 months and (kind of) sleeping, things get better and better each day. congrats!

5. Sandi August 12, 2010 at 3:23 am #

I did it too. Mine are 20 months apart. It was hard in the early days, but they’re really good friends now. Use any family you can get your hands on to help in the early days. It’s fun and so worth it! Enjoy.

6. alison (semi-fab lane) August 12, 2010 at 10:37 am #

yeah, contratulations!!! you two look so cute!

7. haley August 12, 2010 at 12:46 pm #

Congrats! I love your dress.

8. YouCantCallitIT! August 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!

9. John @ Young House Love August 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

Man, I get a few days behind on my blog reading and I miss this – awesome! Congrats to you, Brandon and big sister!

-John (& Sherry & Clara)

10. Viv August 12, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

How wonderful!! Congratulations! You both look beautiful.

Viv xx

11. Audra August 12, 2010 at 10:54 pm #

Congrats! Two under two is challenging — our girls are a year and two weeks apart, so I speak from experience! ;-)

12. Monique August 12, 2010 at 11:25 pm #

Congrats! That’ll be a challenge, but a lot of fun.

(Down East Basics – This plus the Shabby Apple promos really puts SLC on the fashion map, something I never before would have supposed)

13. Desiree Fawn August 12, 2010 at 11:42 pm #

Oh wow, look what you’ve been hiding from us ;)
    What a fabulous belly ^_^

Congrats!

14. Claire M August 13, 2010 at 3:50 am #

Congratulations – what wonderful news! I am due with my first on 12 February too – May sure was good to us :)

15. Jessie August 13, 2010 at 7:23 am #

Love the yellow dresses!!!! Congrats! I didn’t see this one coming! lol I am almost 29 years old and I don’t even have one baby yet!!! ; ) That is very exciting!!!

16. Kristina August 13, 2010 at 1:32 pm #

I’m two months into having two girls seventeen months apart. During my entire second pregnancy everyone told me how hard it was going to be. Maybe it’s because I exspected the worst based on those comments or maybe because my first was born 8 weeks early (which was extremely difficult compared to a full term baby)….in all honesty it’s been amazing! Seeing my two girls together is heaven on earth.

17. Noelle August 13, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

I’m so excited! you are due a week and a half before me!!!!! It’ll be fun to read about your experiences, hopefully you’ll have some clothes recommendations! I have no idea what to do :) haha.

18. Marissa August 13, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

What fabulous news! Congratulations on your growing family, Nicole. You & Eleanor look so lovely in these photos!

19. Natalie August 13, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

Oh my gosh, congratulations!! How exciting!

P.S. Love the matching yellow! Too cute :)

20. Clearly Composed August 14, 2010 at 1:30 pm #

Congrats to you and your lovely and growing family. :)

21. Becky August 14, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

Congratulations! You look great. I’m due with #2 in a few weeks, so we’ll also be juggling 2 under 2 for a bit. Best wishes for your pregnancy! :)

22. alejandragigi August 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Congratulations! and God Bless You. Alejandra, Chile.

23. Kathryn S August 15, 2010 at 10:16 am #

Congratulations!

24. Amanda August 16, 2010 at 1:53 am #

That’s wonderful news – congratulations!! I followed your pregnancy with Eleanor closely as my little Grace was born not long after. How nice that Eleanor will have a sibling close in age.

25. Jessica @ {Black.White.Yellow.} August 16, 2010 at 8:40 am #

What? Congrats!

LOVE the yellow dresses btw…

26. elz August 16, 2010 at 10:33 am #

Congratulations! We had two under two too, and our girls are fantastic friends. Great luck.

27. jbhat August 16, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

What happy news. Congratulations to all of you! And I love the yellow dresses too. So sweet.

jbhat

28. wanderluster August 17, 2010 at 7:42 am #

Ok, I am really behind on my reader and just saw this news. Many many many congratulations to you, Brandon and Eleanor! She will be a fantastic big sister. Will the babes be sharing a room? Looking forward to seeing Eleanor’s big girl space.

29. lsaspacey August 17, 2010 at 9:15 am #

Hmmm, I wondered why there were no photos of you after telling us you had shed all the baby weight. Now I know.

CONGRATS!!!

30. Cora D August 17, 2010 at 11:46 am #

Congratulations! I too just found out I’m pregnant with my second – my daughter will 1 1/2 when the baby is born, so we’ll also have two under two. Though we don’t know each other, it’s nice to know of someone else going through the same thing.

Take care!

31. Jennifer August 19, 2010 at 10:10 am #

how wonderful! congratulations! you both look darling in yellow :)

32. Gwendolyn August 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

33. Little Gray Pixel August 19, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

How did I miss this?! Congrats! We’re expecting, too, very close to your due date (Jan. 29). :-)

34. Eva August 20, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

Congratulations!!! Oh, I read your last “making room for baby” and I realize that I haven´t read your blog before the 16th August… I hope all come on wheels and your family enjoy this second gift with a lot of health!!!
    Best wishes from Spain!
    Eva

35. Sheri August 20, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

Yay! How fun.

36. kelly August 23, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

yay. my birthday is feb 10th so I can vouch that Aquarians rock! congrats, mama

37. Rebecca August 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

I had had two under two and loved it! Now they are 7 & 6 and usually great friends. It’s lovely when their other friends can’t play that they can play with eachother. Congrats!

38. Anna August 24, 2010 at 1:04 pm #

Wow – congrats! You and Eleanor look fantastic. I’m pregnant too and due Feb 15th! This is my first though, so I basically have no idea what I’m doing. I can’t wait to follow along with you online and hear how the baby renovations are going. My fiance and I are looking for a house so we’ll be doing house projects soon too!

39. Victoria August 24, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

congratulations! I’m a Feb baby (the 19th) myself and it’s a great month. He or she’d be an aquarius–they’re destined for greatness!

40. Melissa August 26, 2010 at 9:14 am #

Many congratulations and hope you will be feeling better soon! I’m due the end of February myself with my third, I just had twins in November and I wonder everyday how I’ll pull it off, but somehow we all do:) Eleanor will be a wonderful big sister and they will be great friends!

41. Susie August 26, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

Sorry I’m kind late to the game here, but just read this and was so surprised and delighted for you — Congratulations!! Eleanor is going to be a big sister — how exciting!

42. Mel September 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Congrats. I just found out that we are expecting baby #2 on April 29th, 2011. We currently have an 11 month old little girl and our two will be 19 months apart. So I’ll be joining the group of two under two. Congrats again.

43. tula@whorange September 10, 2010 at 4:40 pm #

CONGRATS, NICOLE!!! xoxo

44. Lucianna September 25, 2010 at 4:18 pm #

that is so cute! I have two boys that are 11 months apart to the date. They are currently 6 and 17 months (my oldest was born on April 29th 2009!!! – and the youngest on March 29th 2010), I drag myself around, that is how tired I am… but it gets better, I hope. Anyway, good luck and congrats!

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Halloween Projects with Better Homes & Gardens - August 10, 2010

[...] « Another Baby [...]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Making Room for Baby - August 19, 2010

[...] all of the congratulations (thank you!), one question is popping up repeatedly. How are we going to make room for another [...]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Silhouette SD Cutting Machine (Review and Giveaway) - August 23, 2010

[...] I used Adobe Illustrator to trace a silhouette of us, basing it on a photo from the shoot by James Julius. Of course, it’s only going to be accurate for another six months and then I’ll have to make a new one for my family of four. [...]

4. Fawned Friday - July 11, 2013

[...] my 4 Simple Goals as well. 07. This entire set of photos is mouthwateringly delightful. 08. Happy baby wishes for this soon-to-be mom-of-two. 09. Her posts just make me sing, especially when she’s in [...]