Eleanor’s First Year (Video Montage)

Eleanor’s First Year (Montage) from Nicole Balch on Vimeo.
Music: “(You Don’t Know) How Glad I Am” by The Living Sisters.

I’ve finally finished the video I wanted to make, so that’s one more item crossed off the 30 Before Thirty list. I’ve also had prints made of my many, many photographs to be put in albums, so that takes care of another! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video. Brandon and I do, and I’m sure my mom will like it.

101 Responses to “Eleanor’s First Year (Video Montage)”

1. Laura August 16, 2010 at 7:03 pm #

That shot of her crawling towards the camera may be the most precious thing I’ve ever seen. Wonderful job, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

2. Laura August 16, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

She is just adorable! It is amazing to see how fast little ones change. You did a wonderful job on the video.

Do you mind sharing which site or software you used to make it?

• Making it Lovely August 17, 2010 at 8:59 am #

I used iMovie on my Mac.

• Laura August 17, 2010 at 7:01 pm #

Thank you!

3. stephanie August 16, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

I LOVE it!

4. Carla T August 16, 2010 at 7:49 pm #

Awww…that was so sweet. I love the video of her crawling!! What program did you use to make this?

• Making it Lovely August 17, 2010 at 9:00 am #

Someone else just asked right above you too. I used iMovie (and this was the first thing I’ve made with it, so it was pretty easy).

5. FabulousTerrah August 16, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

*tear* Bravo! Bravo!

6. Funnelcloud Rachel August 16, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

I love this! I love the clip of her crawling and then peering into the camera!

I always have grand plans to make many more videos than I do – of course, I don’t have a baby for subject matter – only dogs!

7. Courtney August 16, 2010 at 8:12 pm #

LOVE it. My little girl is due in just a few weeks. This made me tear up – beautiful job. What a tribute to your daughter.

8. Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com August 16, 2010 at 8:32 pm #

What did you use to put this altogether? iDVD on a Mac?

9. Jaimie August 16, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

Precious! I did one of these too and am starting another for the 2nd year (birthday is in less than 2 weeks though!) Better get a move on.

10. greengirl August 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

Well, now you’ve gone and made me cry! Only because that was so delightful and sweet and lovely – thank you for sharing the video.

11. michelle August 16, 2010 at 11:13 pm #

great great job!!!! Eleanor will love this sooooo much when she is older, she will know how much love she had in her 1st year even if she can’t remember it.

12. jessica August 17, 2010 at 12:33 am #

LOVE this.
    and the crawling video is the BEST one I’ve ever seen!

13. Elizabeth August 17, 2010 at 2:24 am #

Oh golly… I did fine until the segment of video where she’s crawling towards the camera, then I totally got all teary. I’ve got a serious case of cute baby envy!

This is going to be such a treat for her when she’s older :)

14. Jenifer August 17, 2010 at 2:45 am #

Thank You for sharing this wonderful video! You have captured Eleanor’s expressions and moods perfectly.She is one of the sweetest babies I have ever seen.

15. Stephanie August 17, 2010 at 4:46 am #

So beautiful. I cried like a baby. You captured her first year so well. I can’t believe how quickly time passes.

16. Julie August 17, 2010 at 6:39 am #

Love this so much….what a great job you did. Thanks for sharing with us!

17. Heather August 17, 2010 at 8:38 am #

PRECIOUS!

18. Karen August 17, 2010 at 8:55 am #

This is so heart-touching…I could watch it over and over!!! A beautiful keepsake from a beautiful Mom! Thank you for all the sharing of *you*!

19. Tracy August 17, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

Awww. She’s adorable! You can really see how she’s grown and changed over the year.

The comments above say you’re expecting again? Congrats!

20. Silvia August 17, 2010 at 3:10 pm #

What’s the name of the song? I LOVE it!

21. Victoria H. August 17, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

How beautiful Eleanor is!! What kind of camera do you use?

• Making it Lovely August 17, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

I have a Flip for video footage, and I use a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (DSLR) and a Canon G10 for photos.

22. Tara Jane August 17, 2010 at 9:29 pm #

WHAT A SWEET PEA. I LOVE THE CRAWLING VIDEO. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW LITTLE ONE.

23. Fiona August 17, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

Just adorable! The soundtrack was perfect too :) I’m off to check that one out right now.

24. Kenziepoo August 18, 2010 at 4:07 am #

She is so adorable!! Love this video… Great job

25. Amee August 18, 2010 at 7:40 am #

As we say in our house, this is like 7 different kinds of awesomeness. It made my day, and I love the song.

26. Monique August 18, 2010 at 10:11 am #

This is so wonderful! I’m sure it took you some much time to pick out each picture and put it all together! You are so inspiring!

27. amy j. August 18, 2010 at 10:33 am #

First time commenting…

LOVE the video. I’ve done those before for my girls…always a pretty emotional thing for a mama.

I love how you capture her on a daily basis…she will look back on those photos and this video one day and know without a doubt how much you guys adored her, which is the best gift any one person can ever get!

And I will definitely have to borrow that song for a client gallery for sure!! : )

28. Barb F (Australia) August 18, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

That was super, super cute. You have a beautiful family Nicole.

29. julie harman August 18, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

Beautiful.

30. wanderluster August 19, 2010 at 7:46 am #

So heartwarming Nicole. Its fun not only to see Eleanor grow up but also see glimpses of your daily life. I get a sense of your cozy home, those days where you’re working and Eleanor is crawling around the office, those little things she does that make you and Brandon laugh. That’ll be a nice memory for her when she’s older.

I love the music you chose! Have you ever posted a playlist? You have great taste and style so I’m sure I’d like what you listen to as well.

31. Samantha August 19, 2010 at 10:42 am #

I LOVE it! She is the cutest. Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing!

32. Bridget August 19, 2010 at 11:37 am #

You did the greatest job with this! I love the live video intermingled with the snapshots and that little Eleanor is such a love! Congrats :)

33. Jen August 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

So Lovely!!!
    Also…Katamari prince! Love that!

34. April Johnson August 20, 2010 at 9:18 am #

So beautiful! I love the “I’d rather be drinking blood” shirt for Halloween. Cracked me up.

35. Heidi August 23, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

Sweetness!!!

36. bridget b. August 24, 2010 at 3:48 pm #

that was beautiful.

37. claire September 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

Oh so sweet!

38. Nuha October 21, 2010 at 10:35 am #

This was incredibly sweet…I love the way you added a small video clip in the middle. Simply beautiful, wish you many more years to come Eleanor!

39. Gill January 14, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Adorable from start to finish. And so many pretty outfits :)

40. Jordana September 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

hi, this website is absolutely good!!!! I am sure that Im coming back to see postings!

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » 30 Before Thirty - August 16, 2010

[...] Print the bajillion photos I have stored on my computer and put them in albums. (Done!) [...]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Revisiting the 30 Before Thirty List - September 23, 2010

[...] 14. Print the bajillion photos I have stored on my computer and put them in albums. (Done!) [...]

3. A Lovely Life List | Making it Lovely - February 26, 2012

[...] a perfect cartwheelHave the Thriller dance in my repertoireFamilyHave another babyAnd anotherMake a video montage of Eleanor’s first yearMake a video montage of August’s first yearHear Eleanor say “I love you”Hear [...]