Charge!

We used to leave our cell phone (and other) chargers out on the kitchen counter. Drove me bonkers. I finally found a solution that has made a big difference, and it was so simple! You can read about it over at A Brooklyn Limestone, as part of her Junk Drawer Overhaul series.

24 Responses to “Charge!”

1. Danielle January 27, 2011 at 10:05 am #

Love your blog! What a good idea for all of your cords! Can I ask, where did you get the canister-it’s lovely!

2. Wendy January 27, 2011 at 10:54 am #

I too have phone cords in my kitchen – I hide them behind a picture frame and candle votice!! Looking at the photo of my kids so much better than the ugly cords!

3. Melissa @ HOUSEOgraphy January 27, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

I love this idea (especially as I sit in the kitchen eying our charge pile). Yikes. I’m considering this canister option now.

4. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife January 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

What a cute and brilliant idea!!

5. vanessa January 27, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

brillant.

6. vanessa January 27, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

*brilliant

7. Jasmine YourSweetTreat January 27, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Nicole, I just wanted to say I am in love with your blog, your designs, and especially your beautiful craft room. It has inspired me to design my craft room! I just started moving my crafts in the room so right now it’s a mess!

Anyways keep up the wonderful work :) will come back soon!

8. kelsey January 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

i love the Orla Kiely canister!

9. wide open spaces January 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

i love thoughtful solutions to life’s little problems. like junk drawers. to tackle it now and forever.

10. Rebecca @ beautiful square feet January 27, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

I really wish we had Target in the UK – you seem to have found so many great items from there. I love that jar, and such a simple solution! Great thinking! Did you know Orla Kiely has designed a range of cars? She’s working with Citroen on the DS3 model. I found some photos and blogged about it today – think you might like them!

11. Valentina January 27, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

GREAT idea :)

12. FRECKLES CHICK January 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm #

I fully intend to copy you, just so you know.

Also, I’ve always coveted your kitchen so I fully intend to copy that too.

That is all. =]

13. Amy January 27, 2011 at 9:55 pm #

I have the same canister and ours was actually sitting empty on the countertop. We usually set our chargers on top of it. Love the idea to store them inside!

14. Franziska January 28, 2011 at 6:14 am #

really simple, really stylish, really easy, really cool. Thanks for sharing.

15. Paula/adhocmom January 28, 2011 at 7:54 am #

I did mine yesterday. . you know? Seriously, it was full of junk. I threw 2/3 of it away and now it’s super neat.

16. Jana January 28, 2011 at 11:48 am #

This is precisely what I need…I think Ikea has some great canisters that will work…we’ve got junk coming out our ears!

17. Uchenna January 28, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

Hey Nicole, I nominated you to the Homies, so sad that we didn’t make it to the Top 9 :( Your blog and art and ideas are way better than the others on that list. Recount!

18. Jessica @ JessAndTheElmCity January 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

Super cute! I love when things and cute and functional!

19. Melissah January 29, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

I just discovered your lovely blog. I’m just new into blogging & have just finished off my own blog on fashion & interior design. I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    x
    Melissah

20. Margaret January 31, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

I have been doing this since I read your post. My canister is not as pretty but I REALLY like how it has tidied things in that corner of the counter!

You also got me wondering if this idea could also apply to hacking a retro/vintage breadbox into a charging station, if you had a HUGE pile of cords to wrangle. I do not have that many cords, or counterspace, or a breadbox but I can imagine it working.

Thanks for this tip!

21. Jen February 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

I have to ask because I have seen it in a few of your kitchen photos, is that green mum plant real? It always looks superb {I am sure I would have offed one by now}, but I had to know, because if it is real and has lasted that long, I would love to give it a try in our kitchen as well. And if it’s not, I gotta know where I can get my hands on the faux one!

xoxo,
    Jen

• Making it Lovely February 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

Those are just flowers (that obviously I’ve picked up before)! I can’t keep plants alive very well, unfortunately.