Fourteen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo)

August turned fourteen months old yesterday, on Easter Sunday. This is the first time I’ve not done a monthly photo on the proper date since I started the project with Eleanor, nearly three years ago. August has been sick since Thursday with a high fever, and that combined with the holiday meant that I completely forgot to pay attention to what the date was. He was pretty miserable yesterday though, so even had I remembered, it probably wouldn’t have been the best day for a photo shoot anyway. He’s much better today, despite the dramatic pose.

I’ll be taking a photo of August sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing his pin each month until he’s two years old. I also took monthly photos of his older sister, Eleanor, until she turned two.

August’s Previous Photos
The First YearThirteen Months OldView All

13 Responses to “Fourteen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo)”

1. Kate Rossing April 9, 2012 at 11:21 am #

What a little sweetheart! Looks just like you! I love the idea of a photo a month…my husband and I don’t have any little ones yet but I think I might try to do this for them when we do! Glad he is feeling better :)

2. Chloe's Mom April 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

OMG….adorable

3. Crystal April 9, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

It’s amazing how quickly he’s gone from a baby to a little boy! Wasn’t it just yesterday you were holding the “Boy” arrow pointing to your belly?!

4. michelle April 9, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

“ugh! don’t take my photo!”

5. arundati April 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

what a precious picture!have loved these monthly pictures of both Eleanor and august

6. Jessica at Lavender and Lilies April 10, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Precious. He has grown so much.

7. soni April 12, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

Same age as my daughter…… i have monthly pics but they are random ….wished i had come across this idea sooner!

8. Anji April 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

How do you prevent the baby from falling off/toddler from climbing off the chair?

• Making it Lovely April 26, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

He’s old enough now that he knows how to get down safely from the chair, but when he and his sister were younger, I’d either have someone stand just outside of the frame, or I’d use a remote for my camera and stand close by myself. And as far as climbing down from the chair, I’ve been lucky so far that neither of my kids have tried. Eleanor did briefly when she was nearly two, but she climbed back up too. They both know the routine after a while, and it only takes a few minutes of them sitting to get my monthly shot.

9. Tiffany April 27, 2012 at 11:36 am #

August is adorable.

I have the biggest crush on this nook of your library. I love everything about it. Where did you get that ampersand?

1. Twenty One Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - February 10, 2014

[…] Previous Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • Eighteen Months Old • […]