34 September 10, 2012

Another Cute Striped Dress

What to Wear with a Cute Striped Dress

I think I’m keeping the red version of this dress from Anthropologie and returning the white/navy one, but I’m still not completely sure. Since I already played around with styling the red one, I figured I’d put together a board for this one too. Which one would you keep?

September 10, 2012 at 8:28 am

I love the white/navy one but if it were me, I’d keep the red. I’m way to messy for white dresses.

I love that green purse too!

Callie Grayson
    September 10, 2012 at 8:37 am

So cute! I would keep the navy myself, not much of a red person. But the red would look fantastic on you with your coloring.
    Sweet green handbag!

Jessica - Sweet Green Tangerine
    September 10, 2012 at 8:40 am

They are both great, but I think this one is more versatile. The shoes and purse are perfect for this one.

September 10, 2012 at 9:39 am

Oh, I love this one! I would definitely keep the white/navy one. I feel stifled in red. Weird, but true.

September 10, 2012 at 10:59 am

I don’t love red myself, but I think it would suit you, the navy is bordering on matronly, and it would be harder to keep clean with the kiddies around.

Connie | Daydream In Color
    September 10, 2012 at 11:26 am

So funny because I totally was gonna say Danielle’s comment too. I think I like this one more on paper, but I’d be personally rocking the red version! Love both of your stylings!

Brianne Joy
    September 10, 2012 at 11:26 am

Oooh I love stripes with a polka dot accessory. Great shoe option! :)

Megan F
    September 10, 2012 at 11:35 am

The Cobble Hill Little Minka is on my list for sure… I just keep going to the store and holding it. I think I’ll end up splurging once it goes on sale, but as much as I love it in “forest,” I’ll probably choose the more versatile “oyster.” The green looks fab with this dress tho!

Making it Lovely
      September 10, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’m waiting and hoping it goes on sale too! I’d pick it up in green though.

September 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I would totally keep both! They are two different looks and both are so versatile. :)

September 10, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I would keep the navy and white. I am so into the navy/ green color scheme this season!

September 10, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Striped dress, striped t-shirts, basically anything with stripes are design classics to me – so I would keep both! I have never regretted a striped shopping decision.

September 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I’d keep de white/navy for myself but I think the red one is more your style. But if you can keep both …

September 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I love this dress! I actually saw someone wearing the white one in the mall the other day and was in aww over it. It’s adorable but I would go with the red! You should do a style board for the red too, I want to buy it but I’m having a hard time putting an outfit together for the cold months that are coming. I don’t want to over do it and take away from the dress its self.

September 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Brittany Lauren
    September 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm

For me, I’d go with the red one! Perfect for the Fall and holiday season coming up. Those polka dot flats are to die for!

September 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Red! The dress looks slightly thin, and I’d worry about trying to pair dark tights with the white one and kind of being able to see them through the dress. Also, as others have pointed out, one little spaghetti sauce stain would really stand out on the white dress, and you’d hate to not choose a great lunch or something while you were out just because of your clothes.

Miss B.
    September 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I can’t concentrate because those flats have me flustered!

September 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Omg, you have definitely made this outfit lovely with that bag! It’s my color, and it’s so me! Unfortunatly, it’s out of my price range. :( I personally would keep the navy stripe dress, but I think the red one is more you.

September 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Jo from A Cup of Jo is wearing the white/navy in the pics she has up on today’s post. I thought I recognized it when I saw it, and it’s b/c I first saw it here.

Little Gray Pixel
    September 10, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I would keep both. It is a really classic silhouette and both colorways would give you so many options through so many seasons. Truly, it’s worth it.

Erin @ WriteTasty
    September 10, 2012 at 9:05 pm

I love the navy and white. Also, I’m crushin’ bad on that green purse. Yes, please.

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home
    September 10, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I love anything navy and white striped so can’t be completely unbiased here. Pretty sure you just shattered my resolve not to buy any new clothes this month. It’s just too darn fabulous. And I love, LOVE, kelly green with navy. Great style board!

September 11, 2012 at 6:46 am

Reminds me of this dress I just bought from Old Navy (even though the one I bought is short sleeved and black and white) which I can’t wait to style with polka dots…

Super thick, stretchy material and really well made. A rare Old Navy gem. My only disappointment is that I didn’t catch it early enough to buy all the colors in my size.

September 14, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Corrin I second that ON dress recommendation! Best dress I bought this summer and it’s a steal. I usually end up returning everything I order from ON because it usually disappoints, a rare gem indeed. I scored the solid black on a pop-back and it is just as great.

Nicole, I too had both of the striped Antrho dresses at home but I ended up returning both…much as I tried to make them work, they were just too short waisted on me! I think I would have gone with the white for me but I’m blonde, I might prefer the red if I was a brunette.

Amanda Joy
    September 11, 2012 at 7:16 am

So. I know everyone loves the stripes. But my jaw dropped to see brass knuckles in a fashion roundup. How does know one comment on this?!

Don’t mess. This stylish momma will. throw. down.

September 12, 2012 at 4:42 am

I think I’ve found a loophole in the rule “I’m not allowed to buy any more striped shirts.”
    I’m switching to striped dresses!

September 12, 2012 at 7:10 am

I would keep the red. I am still a little “old school” about white after Labor Day.

September 12, 2012 at 11:52 am

Now I don’t know which I prefer!?!?! But I think with my scruffy household of 3 messy kids and a messy daddy, the red looks a better bet in the keeping clean stakes!

September 12, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Those shoes are very comfortable! I have them in the tan punch hole version and I have been walking in them everywhere.

September 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm

This outfit is amazing. Green is one of my favorite colors so this is perfect for me :) thanks for sharing!

Yet Another Cute Striped Dress | Making it Lovely
    September 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

[…] OK. Last striped dress post, I promise! (For a while, at least.)See, when I did my other posts, some of you thought the dress was a little too expensive and wanted to see some other options. So […]

Worthy of the Week | Oh hey, what's up?
    September 21, 2012 at 7:31 am

[…] And not surprisingly, I can’t stop crushing on Kate Spade. (via Making It Lovely) […]

Madewell’s Oakbrook Anniversary Event | Making it Lovely
    October 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm

[…] Earrings (similar, but smaller) • Braided Friendship Bracelet • One the Dot Scatter Bracelet (seen here) • Botanical Rose iPhone Case • Crossbody Bag (in […]