My Office, Reimagined

I came across these floral curtains, and was instantly smitten. Same goes for the card catalog style dressers. So I started thinking about where I would use them, and I decided to put together an alternative version of my office.

My Office, Reimagined

I painted my walls that minty gray/green a couple of years ago. I wasn’t completely sure about it at the time, but now that color is everywhere and I love it. Besides the wall color, I also have the ‘Non’ print; everything else is on the wish list.

I have more ideas than I do spaces/budget/time to use them.

34 Responses to “My Office, Reimagined”

1. Yelle February 4, 2013 at 9:01 am #

I am totally smitten with that chest! Would be perfect for any office or studio for organization!

2. Chelsea C. February 4, 2013 at 9:33 am #

Gah, I love all of this! That chair is totally doing it for me! What do you think — would you ever use it somewhere other than an office? Maybe as an accent chair somewhere?

3. Chris February 4, 2013 at 10:04 am #

The desk is what really does it for me. I LOVE that shape and pop of color!

4. Heather B February 4, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Don’t we all have more ideas than budget/space/time? I know I do! If a project is taking a long time I have great difficulty not changing my mind completely halfway though :-) I love this office! I love your current one too. It’s the downside of being both creative and design-y, you could re-do a whole house every six months with the right help and budget!

5. Natasha February 4, 2013 at 11:52 am #

Thankyou for this post! I’ve been keeping an eye on a very similar rug I saw on a UK site, and have wondered where else I can get it!! Perfect timing, and shipping to Canada!

6. Jennie February 4, 2013 at 11:52 am #

Oh man that chest is cute! I wish it were mine . . .

7. jbhat February 4, 2013 at 11:53 am #

That would be a fun space. Et pardon moi, mais I believe you have a typo in the link to the Non print.

jbhat

8. Kristina February 4, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

I love those curtains, they’re so pretty! I’ve been wanting that “Non” print.

9. Paige February 4, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

The circulation chest is a great piece! Love it. I also love the curtains. So very pretty!

10. Catherine February 4, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

Such pretty ideas, and I especially love those curtains! Thank you for the link to the Etsy store! I have something new to obsess over. :)

11. Lynell February 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

Have you seen these red rose detailed desks? http://www.grandinroad.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/x/492493?SourceCode=ZZ50889&cm_mmc=Comparison%20Shopping-_-Become-_-NA-_-NA&mr:referralID=b3163e54-64cd-11e2-b779-001b2166c62d&redirect=y Seems like it would be great in your office. You are inspiring me to finally put together a mood board for my bedroom which hasn’t been touched since I moved in a year ago. Just an empty room with a bed and a dresser. Dismal.

• Making it Lovely February 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Go you! And those desks are interesting. I’m sure my desk will be fine for years to come, but it’s always nice to imagine what else one can do.

12. Miss B. February 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

Love that card catalog dresser, always fun to see your vision. I would never have thought of these combo’s you are so good!

13. Chloe Moon February 4, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

I have always dreamed of having a card catalog in my future office!! I love that hanging lamp too!! =)

14. Genie February 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm #

I am smitten with that chest too. Whenever we go to Chinese stores, I always rush over to their furniture section. They have the coolest dusty looking old chests. I don’t know what I’d put in them, but I’m sure I’d find a use.

15. Heather P. February 4, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

I know what you mean! I have a million ideas rattling around in my head about what I want to do to my office space, but not time, money, or desire to do any of them just yet! Living in an apartment is making me a bit gun-shy about doing any major changes to what we already have. Maybe in the next place, things will be easier!

• Making it Lovely February 6, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

Don’t wait until you’re out of an apartment though! I still decorated the heck out of my apartments, before Brandon and I bought this house.

16. Richelle February 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm #

I was just on Etsy checking out the Black Apple and fell in love with that Shirley Poppy Print. So sweet. Emily’s work is wonderful. What a sweet little office you have planned.

17. Kristi @ SIMPLEPRETTYTHINGS February 4, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

I am running to Sherwin Williams this week for that paint color. I think it might be just what I needs. I also like the lighter color next to it on the paint strip. I’ve been looking for a aqua or mint with gray undertones. This is a little more muted (on my computer anyway) but it looks very soothing. I’m having a hard time finding what I want that isn’t bright for my daughter’s big girl room makeover. Thanks for posting your alt. office ideas! I die for that ceiling fixture!

• Making it Lovely February 6, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

It’s a fantastic color. They have it categorized as a gray. I wouldn’t go that far (it’s definitely green/blue), but it is muted.

18. Megan @ Two Live Colorfully February 4, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

I just love how you put things together! The color and pattern combos; you’ve got skills!! I can’t wait to see the updates to your office!

19. Audrey February 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

I love it!

20. Alysia February 4, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

awesome! I could buy every single one of these things for my dream office.

21. Svetlana February 4, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I have the same desk in my master bedroom! And I totally love it!

22. KMP Modern February 4, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

Maybe its the spring in the air, but I too have been attracted to florals lately. And I’m not a girly girl at all. I think its the sense of being close to nature. I just love the Lotus Flower Lamp. It would go well in a new traditional setting or modern or crazy contemporary. Thanks for posting.

23. Laura Gaskill February 5, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

Oh my heavens, I love both of those prints! And the library chests & floral curtains…swoon!

24. Teri February 5, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

This is my favorite thing you do! Interior decorating! I just want you to design my whole house! And my wardrobe! And my hairdo! Your blog is like… like Kate Spade gone girly! J’adore!

25. Teri February 6, 2013 at 4:44 pm #

Ha! Ha! Good point! :)

26. Kayleigh February 8, 2013 at 10:03 am #

Katie Bower just put that rug in her sitting area of her bedroom – LOVE. Perfect fit for your office, too! xo

27. Rose February 10, 2013 at 12:11 am #

Nicole, I just love your design style! I wish you can come on over to San Diego and re-decorate my space (although the hubby doesn’t like pink – but I think he would probably let me do at least one room more feminine).

1. Speckled Blooms Curtains in My Office | Making it Lovely - February 7, 2013

[...] know if I’m in love with them though. If I were to really implement everything from my reimagined office design board, they would be beautiful. Without the lovely wood tones from the card catalog dressers and the [...]