- Miss B. was in a sharing mood, which is a good thing because Tom Palumbo’s photography is stunning. (above)
- Is it so bad to be a know-it-all? Not when it looks this cute.
- Vintage milk caps turned into art — perfect for a kitchen.
- Girls with cameras are cute.
- Wow. I love this DIY bubble chandelier so very much. It has me considering a few modifications to the Edison that is en route.
- So many cute closets.
- I’ve been into Janelle Monáe lately. Looks like Anna is too.
- Here’s a charming house full of white walls, warm woods, and vintage finds.
- Aren’t prize ribbons the best?
- Lovely illustrated lettering.
- I always have a hard time figuring out gifts for the men in my life, but this collection of gift ideas is giving me some good ideas.
I am working with American Express to redo my bedroom. This week they have provided me with 150,000 Membership Rewards points.
The books in our bedroom doth overflow. We filled our library bookshelves long ago, and now the books are starting to amass into random piles throughout our home. We are planning to donate some of our books to the library, but we could still use more storage for the volumes we intend to keep.
Our bedroom is somewhat small (12′x12′) and with a queen size bed, two nightstands, and my freestanding wardrobe, there isn’t a lot of room left for other furniture. There is a small space between the door and the closet though, and I found a bookshelf console table that fits perfectly. I’ve already redeemed some of this week’s points and I can’t wait to get the bookshelf in the room so I can put our books away.
I was considering placing a mirror over the bookshelf, but I’m going to use a metal wall sculpture instead. Also, Brandon and I have decided that we are going to go ahead and paint the room in Martha Stewart’s ‘Zinc’. So we’ll have art with an antiqued zinc piece on a wall painted in ‘zinc’; I don’t know why I like that so much, but I find it charming.
Did you notice our backyard patio among the pictures from Eleanor’s birthday party? Just in case you missed it, here it is again.
We were able to get four of the chairs through Craigslist (thanks to some helpful readers!), and we picked up the other four Urban chairs at IKEA. They’re working out nicely.