I’ll be mixing and matching some variation on the below all fall, along with the pieces from my last style post. And that skirt, in particular, I would like to call out! It’s a modern fit, comes in three colors, is comfortable with an elastic waist that doesn’t look like trash if you tuck in your shirt, and it is $22. Get it.
- Open V-Neck Top (Midnight Dutch Floral), J. Crew
The neckline is lovely and the florals a delight.
- Scarlet Glasses (Rosewood), David Kind
Bookishly cute. I’ve had these for years and recently started defaulting to them again.
- Rhyme Top (Burnished Mahogany), Madewell
Come in three colors, but this one is the best. Drapey and hits at the right length.
- Boxy Texture Stitch Sweater, Garnet Hill
Good proportions and that cozy fall sweater feeling is aces.
- Lucky Charm Necklace, Gem
Remember when we were all wearing bubble necklaces? We had fun with that, but delicate jewelry with little symbols is way more interesting. You’ve got to get close to appreciate.
- Midi Pencil Skirt, Prologue; Target
Hi, I’m wearing this skirt right now. It feels like yoga pants but looks like I tried.
- Selim Pointed Toe Pump, 1.State; Nordstrom
Flattering and comfortable, and rides that casual/formal line nicely.
- Monroe Lace-Up Boots, Frye; Garnet Hill
I once had a pair of 1920s lace-up boots that I loved, literally to death. (Do you know how hard it is to find wearable vintage shoes that fit our relatively large modern feet? I wore them until they wore out.) These take me back to those and I’m sure it’s in large part nostalgia, but wow do I love these.
- Curvy Toothpick Jean (Dryden Wash), J. Crew
These have edged out Madewell’s also excellent high-rise jeans in my heart. Both are great, these are just a tiny bit better.
- Margot Scarf Ponytail Holder Set, Anthropologie
I can’t decide if these look too juvenile for me, but I’m going with it. Easier than fussing with an actual scarf if you need to save 67 seconds of styling time.
- Ruby Bag, Anine Bing
A good structured ladylike bag is a thing of beauty. Classic.
- The Modern Loafer (Bone), Everlane
Who would have thought white leather shoes would become my favorite thing to wear? Not me. But here we are and these are great.