29 March 8, 2012

Thirteen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo)

Eleanor and August each had a onesie on for their first year of photos, but with a new year comes a new outfit. Eleanor wore a white sweater dress for months 13-24, and August will be wearing a white tee and white linen pants that roll up to just below the knee.

(I’ll be taking a photo of August sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing his pin each month until he’s two years old. I also took monthly photos of his older sister, Eleanor, until she turned two.)

Previous Photos
One Month OldTwo Months OldThree Months OldFour Months OldFive Months OldSix Months OldSeven Months OldEight Months OldNine Months OldTen Months OldEleven Months OldTwelve Months OldView All

Laurie
    March 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Wow, he looks just like your daughter!!!!!

Making it Lovely
      March 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Doesn’t he? I’ve always thought they looked alike, just with different noses. As August gets older though, he and Eleanor are looking more and more alike.

Kathy
        March 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Agree. They are just adorable. The months have flown by.

Kathryn Humphreys
    March 8, 2012 at 7:37 pm

$10 says he’s not sitting in that chair even long enough for a pic before he’s two:) He’s adorable and has quite the inquisitive look.

Audrie
    March 8, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Absolutely adorable! :)

michelle
    March 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm

can we please slow down his growth??? it seems crazy fast to me!!!!

Making it Lovely
      March 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I know! It feels like he went from baby, straight to little dude. He has so much personality, too.

Marianne
    March 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm

He’s such a little boy already! I’ve just realized that my son looks more like a little boy than a baby these days and it’s so crazy!!

Daniela
    March 8, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Nicole, i can’t say how much you and your blog inspire me. I love your monthly photo project so much that I am now doing the same thing with my son. Thank you for making life lovely!

Making it Lovely
      March 8, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Thanks — that’s really nice. And I love when other people do the photo project, too!

Tara
    March 8, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Your children just keep getting cuter and cuter!

TieDye64
    March 9, 2012 at 2:17 am

Gosh, how I wish I’d done this with my kids (who are now grown) when they were little. It’s just so precious. Beautiful, beautiful kids!

Matthew Iacopelli
    March 9, 2012 at 4:39 am

I just want to say he is the cutest little boy. I love that you share these pictures. I wish I would have done a better job taking monthlies of my daughter, who is 23 months old today.

Kathy
      March 9, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Oh my goodness…only 23 months? I thought you were going to say 23 YEARS old. By all means start taking them NOW. The months that you have missed might seem like an eternity to you now, but one day when she is older you will realize what a short time it really was. Starting with her 2nd birthday makes perfect sense.

Nuit
    March 9, 2012 at 8:52 am

i am a huge fan of August’s! what a cute little boy :)

Miss B.
    March 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Such stunning blue eyes! And he’s so stoic in the shot:)

Kathy
    March 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Darling. Wonderful photo too.

Moira
    March 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I love the addition of the white pants on August!

Weekend Wind Down | East Coast Girl
    March 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

[…] Nicole at Making it Lovely took photos of her darling son August at thirteen months old. She’s been taking photos every month of him and his older sister Eleanor in the same Eames rocking chair. Click to see the other monthly photos.  […]

Brandi
    March 19, 2012 at 10:59 am

he is so cuuuutte!!

Sarah
    May 2, 2012 at 4:29 pm

So cute! Thank you so much for sharing these photos. You inspired me to do the same with my son. I’m using a very different style backdrop (dark brown, with a Lichtenstein print and bookcase full of comics) but I really like how you used the same clothing throughout. I did the same thing but I’m only 1 week away from the 13 month photo and I can’t find white shorts for baby boys anywhere. Where did you find them?

Making it Lovely
      May 2, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I think I found them at either Old Navy or Gap, but you can check Janie & Jack, Children’s Place, Gymboree, or Hanna Anderssen and hopefully you’ll be able to find something! Had I not found white shorts, I was going to go with the lightest plain khakis I could find.

Sarah
        May 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Thanks! For some reason I’ve only been able to find girly white shorts at Gap, Old Navy and Children’s Place. I will check the others out. I have a light pair of khakis as a backup plan too!

Fourteen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    May 8, 2012 at 9:42 pm

[…] Months Old • Nine Months Old • Ten Months Old • Eleven Months Old • Twelve Months Old • Thirteen Months Old • View AllRelated PostsNo related posts.    Parenting  •  11 Comments […]

Seventeen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    August 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm

[…] his older sister, Eleanor, until she turned two.August’s Previous Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • View Allp.s. Eleanor […]

Twenty Two Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    December 17, 2012 at 11:12 am

[…] Previous Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • […]

Twenty Four Months Old (August’s Last Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely