The Lighting Guide: How to Put it All Together

A reader had asked me a seemingly simple question about how to choose lighting fixtures that work well from room to room, and I was inspired to create this entire lighting series to answer. Today, ten posts later, we reach the end and finally pull it all together to answer the original question! You’ll find links to each collection of lights at the bottom of this post, and I’ve also linked to each light individually on Pinterest. Below are my suggestions for combinations that work well together.

14 Responses to “The Lighting Guide: How to Put it All Together”

1. Susan Hazel April 18, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Wow! This is so comprehensive. I just did a post today about pendant lights, but this post is amazing. I’m going to link back to it for my readers.

2. Ashley {GirlyObsessions} April 18, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Thanks for this great recap! I loved you lighting series and it’s amazing to see it all pulled together! I love all the combinations!!

3. Heather B April 18, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

AWESOME! Thank you for sharing! (I know how much work it took to compile all of those, so double thanks!) I can’t tell you how helpful this is, I really like the vintage industrial group, particularly the light blue pendant one. So useful!

4. Leone April 18, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Wow, thanks for this. This is SO useful. I’m definitely saving this post for quick reference.

5. Fullcity506 April 18, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

Love the sputnik section! amazing work on all the lights you chose.

6. Amy (Oh, My) April 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

Oh wow, this is great! I am SO using this! Thanks Nicole! x

7. Megan April 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

AMaZing post! What a great resource!

8. Melissa@Julia's Bookbag April 19, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

Nicole, thank you for all your hard work with this roundup. I feel like you have put together what normally would have taken an entire editorial team at Domino to figure out!

So, so helpful!

9. Jillian@TheHumbleGourmet April 20, 2012 at 10:52 am #

Great roundup/tutorial/just general awesomeness! This is very helpful for someone about to buy their first home ;-)

10. Pixie April 21, 2012 at 7:42 am #

Love this post. I’m currently trying to figure out lighting options in my condo…it’s tiny so I don’t have a lot of space for floor lights or table top lamps. There’s no overhead lighting in the living area and I’m thinking of swing arm wall lights on either side of my bed since the alcove is really tiny. Really. :) Lots of pretty inspiration!

11. Sarah April 21, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

I loved the lighting series, very helpful! I was wondering if you had suggestions for bathroom lighting?!?!

1. Fresh Find Friday : The Proper Pinwheel - April 27, 2012