18 December 17, 2012

Twenty Two Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo)

August is 22 months old. Soon he’ll be two, and I’ll have to stop thinking of him as a baby. (But I will still call him my baby as I pick him up when he awakes, with sleepy eyes and arms outstretched, softly saying “mom”.)

Twenty Two Months Old (August's Monthly Photo)
Twenty Two Months Old (August's Monthly Photo)

I’ll be taking a photo of August sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing his pin each month until he’s two years old. I also took monthly photos of his older sister, Eleanor, until she turned two.

August’s Previous Photos
The First YearThirteen Months OldFourteen Months OldFifteen Months OldSixteen Months OldSeventeen Months OldEighteen Months OldNineteen Months OldTwenty Months OldTwenty One Months OldView All

I had another post slated for this morning, but it can wait. I take these pictures for me and for my family because they make me happy. I share them because hopefully they bring a little happiness to you, too.

Eleanor

Tammy
    December 17, 2012 at 11:19 am

I love your red ornaments! Do you mind sharing where you found them?

Melissa
    December 17, 2012 at 11:21 am

Beautiful! I remember when you started this with Eleanor. I can’t believe the time goes by so fast…

jbhat
    December 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

Happy pictures do help this morning. The blogs I like to read are sending me on a roller coaster ride today. Some are making me feel tearful, worried and angry–and some are igniting the fire of a call to action– and then some are providng moments of being blessedly distracted by something lovely or loving. Yours has provided a welcome respite. Hold those babies tight, Nicole.

jbhat

mandy @ this girl's life
    December 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Goodness when did that happen? :) I haven’t been to your blog in awhile and it is like he grew up overnight. Such a cutie!

Katie
    December 17, 2012 at 4:33 pm

A happy child, a loving mom. These things are real, too. Thank you for sharing.

Erin
      December 18, 2012 at 8:10 am

Well said. :)

kate
    December 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm

The photos of your adorable kids always make me smile. Thanks for posting them! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Viv
    December 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm

So beautiful Nicole. Keep posting them. They make me smile too.

I still call my son “baby” even though he is 4 years old. Time flies. It’s lucky we have these photographs to remember how small they once were.

RebeccaNYC
    December 18, 2012 at 7:58 am

I have always loved that you did this. When my niece had her first child, I sent her a link to your, and now she takes monthly photos of her (now) 26 month old daughter and she will do it again when she has her 2nd in March. Its a wonderful reminder of how precious life is.

Making it Lovely
      December 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I’m always so glad to hear that other people are doing this project too.

Wanda
    December 18, 2012 at 8:16 am

Is it me or does the book’s spine directly above August’s head look like a small halo? Nice!

Making it Lovely
      December 18, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I thought so too! Funny, because that book hasn’t moved, but it never lined up just so for that effect before.

Caroline
    December 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm

August is such an unbelievable cutie!

Three Months of Alder | maradawn
    December 20, 2012 at 3:19 pm

[…] to do a little round up of all the photos each month so you can follow along, inspired by Nicole of Making it Lovely. See Month 1 and Month […]

Twenty Three Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 9, 2013 at 1:36 am

[…] • Eighteen Months Old • Nineteen Months Old • Twenty Months Old • Twenty One Months Old • Twenty Two Months • View […]

Twenty Four Months Old (August’s Last Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    February 8, 2013 at 4:09 pm

[…] • Eighteen Months Old • Nineteen Months Old • Twenty Months Old • Twenty One Months Old • Twenty Two Months • Twenty Three Months • View […]