Art, design, and coding for funsies! The kids and I have been making pixel art lately and I’ve been using mine to change the look of my farm and and farmhouse in Stardew Valley with some personal aesthetic mods that I’ve made.
I had a pink Smeg or Big Chill fridge in mind when I was changing the vanilla kitchen. Then I added the Portal cake (no lie) and thought I should add a mixer too. And if I need a rug, you know I’m going to make a teeny pixel version of the wool kilim I designed for Annie Selke.
I stand by this as a solid farmhouse kitchen design, digital or otherwise. I’ll leave it up to you to find Leah’s sculpture and a giant wooden chicken.
- I Know How to Cook, Ginette Mathiot
- Blood, Bones & Butter, Gabrielle Hamilton
- 30″ Retro Stove (Pink Lemonade), Big Chill
- Artigiano Subway Tile, Daltile
- Foley Side Chair, Rejuvenation
- KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer (Watermelon), Crate & Barrel
- Round Vintage Butterfly Kaleidoscope Art, World Market
- Faux Cosmos Stems, Target (Hearth & Hand)
- Portal Cake Recipe, Serious Eats
- Marin White Large Cake Stand, Crate & Barrel
- Pure White Ceramic Vases, West Elm
- Country Kitchen Faucet, Lowe’s (Rohl)
- Averi Ribbed Cylinder Vase, Wayfair
- Cambria Stoneware Mug, Pottery Barn
- Chambray Hemstitch Round Red Tablecloth, Target (Threshold)
- Padma Rug, Annie Selke
- Weave Natural Floor Lamp, Crate & Barrel
- Retro Slim Fridge (Pink Lemonade), Big Chill
I mentioned on Instagram Stories that I’d share some of the resources we’ve been using to make mods, so that will be a future post. My SV house is all pinks and flowers, books and bugs, crystals and skulls, plus a good dose of my ever-favorite black/white/brass/wood combo. A lot like my own house (though I need more skulls IRL is what I’m taking away from this.)
The base recolor I’m using is Toned Down Stardew Valley (ATDSDV) and the art is from Elegant Victorian Interior. I don’t have a mod ready for you to download if you want to add any of my customizations into your own games, but I’m giving you the pixels for now if you want to mess around with cutting and pasting them in on your own. If you already know what you’re doing, fit the kitchen into your farmhouse_tiles.png and the flowers and rugs into furniture.png files. The subway tiles belong in walls_and_floors.png.
JenJanuary 21, 2020 at 12:10 pm
I downloaded Stardew Valley over the holidays and I’ve lost so many hours of my past month to this game but now I cannot wait to do some customization. This kitchen is fabulous!!
stootchFebruary 10, 2020 at 3:06 am
Lovely Post.Thanks for sharing this informative blog.
CharlaApril 23, 2020 at 11:41 pm
I love this so much!!! I’m finally thinking I need to dive into Stardew customization, and this is just so inspiring. You are amazing!
Stardew Valley Lovely Kitchen Mod - Making it LovelyMarch 26, 2021 at 8:57 am
[…] made a version of this last year for myself. I’ve expanded on it since then, making it possible to choose the colors of your […]